Pages

Chapter 11 - Relationships with Romantic Partners

 Relationships with Romantic Partners

Romantic Relationship - "An interpersonal involvement two people choose to enter into that is perceived as romantic by both" (Ch. 11, Pg. 291) 

Loving - "An intense emotional commitment based on intimacy, caring, and attachment" (Ch. 11, Pg. 289)

I've been in a couple of romantic relationships, although they've never worked out for one reason or the other. I would describe them as loving at first, but they've all ended the same way. I've been ghosted more than I can count at this point, so I really haven't tried too much to begin another one.  

My last serious romantic relationship was really interesting, to say the least. I'm going to refer to this person as C. Me and C started off amazing, we were getting along great. Met each other's parents, talked every day, and even hung out really frequently. 

Around the 4-month mark, C started to act somewhat differently. She began to start responding slower, responding less, calling less, and even making up excuses to not hang out. I thought I was doing something wrong or maybe I was the one acting differently, I was not! 

Me, C, a couple of her and I friends were hanging out one day. I noticed she was hanging out with one of my friends, whom I'm going to refer to as K. I'm very observant when it comes to others' feelings and actions, so when I saw it I knew something was off. While I was there, C decided to ride in Ks' car. So when my best friend Kentrell, not to be confused with K, got in my car I talked to him about it. He said something was definitely up, later that night I talked to Cs' best friend who I was already really close with. She said not to worry about it.

Sadly, Kentrell and I were not crazy and Cs' best friend didn't even know. Turns out K and C had been hanging out behind my back. The craziest thing about it though was I got told about this 4 days before prom and 6 days before my birthday, so it was a great week. So not only was I going through a breakup on my birthday, I was kind of forced to bring this girl to prom.

I believe in love, but I really don't think I'm going to give it a chance for a while. Not to say if It comes around I will just avoid it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com